Even with the slower growing species we host here in Las Vegas, tree trimming service remains necessary for homeowners. Reasons vary from tree health to road safety, since weather conditions can lead to an overgrown tree being more than an aesthetic problem. If you have been putting off this job or you just purchased your first tree-lined home, here is why you need to consider tree trimming service in Las Vegas now:
- Time of year: Now is a good time to arrange for this service. Trees are dormant in winter, making November to February the best time to trim them. They will not overgrow into their new “haircut” as quickly, and they are less likely to sustain permanent damage than when they are in a rapid growth stage. There is a little wiggle room to arrange for trimming in early March, too, but the overall message is to arrange for it now before summer. Otherwise, you will have to wait until fall.
- Tree health: Dead branches attract insects and decay that can eventually kill trees. Trees also have limited energy to grow branches, so if two are competing with each other, one can be removed to promote health for the rest of the tree. Dense canopies breed some diseases, so trimming those back is often necessary, too.
- Aesthetics: Allowing branches to grow unevenly leads to yard design nightmares. If one side of the tree grows heavier than the other, that leaves much to be desired in terms of appearance. When trees start to have these bad days, your local landscapers can help them look and grow better. Your yard will look more appealing, and your tree will enjoy improved health.
- Safety: A tree that falls during a storm or a large branch breaking off and crushing your neighbor’s car means insurance claims, hassle and interpersonal tension. When you notice trees leaning precariously or half-broken branches waiting for the right day to fall, call your landscaping expert immediately. These are disasters waiting to happen, and you need to take care of these issues as soon as you notice them.
- Power lines: Trees can wreak havoc on power lines. If you see the branches break off and lean on them, or the tree is growing into the lines, this is another call to your landscapers that should not be delayed. Experienced tree trimmers have ways of working around power lines, so never try this bit of yard work on your own. Doing so could result in a shocking experience.
- Growth control: Homeowners often need boundaries on tree size and growth. You may want to keep it from encroaching into a neighboring yard, blocking your air space or scraping against your windows. With the right trim, trees can learn to grow in a way that does not disrupt the rest of your yard—or your neighbors’.
2 White Guys offers high quality tree trimming service in Las Vegas. If you notice dead branches or fear your tree may wind up blocking the road one day, call us for an estimate.