As spring approaches, so do heavy storms that can wreak havoc on your yard, including your trees. Heavy winds, rain and lightning can down trees and create a mess out of your yard. Before you rush to clean up, you may want to hire a professional tree removal service in Las Vegas to help you and prevent hazards that can occur. They will know what trees to save and remove, taking the guess work out of it for you. The following tips can help you when a storm has done damage to your trees:
- Assess the damage: Carefully look over the damage done to your yard and trees. Look for broken limbs and precariously hanging branches. These will have to be removed, along with any uprooted trees that have tipped over during the storm. A professional tree removal service in Las Vegas can help you identify which trees can be saved and which will have to be removed.
- Remove broken or hanging branches: You will want to call a professional tree removal service in Las Vegas to help you clear broken or hanging limbs that need the work of a chainsaw. They will have the proper equipment to make easier and safer work out of getting these damaged limbs out of the way. They will also know what to do if there is a downed power line that can cause injury or a hanging branch that could fall. They will take care of all the repairs and clear your yard so it is safe to enjoy once again.
- Prune back small branches: Take time to prune any small jagged branches that have resulted from the storm. A professional tree removal service will be able to prune your trees in line with the damage that has occurred so they grow back more fully. Your tree may look uneven, but it will grow back more quickly and healthier.
- Repair torn bark: Remove any bark on your trees that has been damaged. Be careful to only remove what is necessary, as you don’t want to go too deep that you expose the tree’s cambium, where its food and water lines live. This will also remove hiding spots for insects that could damage your tree.
- Wait to fertilize: Using fertilizer on a damaged tree won’t make it come back any quicker. In most cases, the fertilizer that you apply will wash off during the next rainfall. Wait until more consistently dry weather has arrived to apply fertilizer to your trees.
Taking care in the cleanup of your damaged trees after a storm will help prevent injuries and long-term damage. A professional tree removal service can ensure that your trees are removed, cut and pruned in a manner that helps them grow back healthy. Schedule your tree removal service in Las Vegas, NV with 2 White Guys by calling us today. We offer tree removal, tree trimming, pruning, crown cleaning and tree and palm services, as well as commercial and residential landscaping and lawn services.