You’ve just moved into your first home and are excited about the possibilities it offers. Naturally, one of your new chores will be taking care of your lawn. Since you have never dealt with this before, you may not know where to begin with your lawn care in Las Vegas. The following tips will get you up to speed on everything you need to know about maintaining your lawn so your home will have a beautiful outdoor appearance:
- Mow often: When engaging in lawn care in Las Vegas, you will want to mow often while avoiding letting grass grow too tall. Mowing is hard on your grass and reduces its ability to photosynthesize. If you keep your grass longer, it has more blade space to perform this function. Longer grass also keeps out weeds, which grow rapidly in short grass that the sun can easily hit. You will want to mow often to avoid having very long grass, as it’s hard to mow and creates big masses of clippings, which, if left on your grass, can cause it to brown.
- Leave clippings: Particularly if you’re avoiding having large quantities of grass clippings, you shouldn’t rake or bag them. Leave them on the grass, as it helps to reduce the need to water and fertilize. As long as you don’t mow your grass too short or wait too long in between mowing sessions, you won’t have large clumps of clippings left over. Also be sure to do your mowing when the grass is dry so the lawn clippings will scatter more easily.
- Water infrequently: It is best not to water too often. Most watering is done too quickly and usually runs off, wasting your efforts. You want to water deeply to ensure longer root growth, and slowly to make sure it absorbs and doesn’t run off. By doing a deep watering of your lawn, you will protect it during a drought, as the roots can reach deeper for water. Short watering sessions promote short roots, which will become damaged quickly during a dry spell.
- Take time to weed: Weeding may be a tedious chore, but it will make a difference in your lawn’s appearance. To make weeding your whole lawn manageable, start with sections so you can slowly make progress over several days. Identify what type of weed you are working with so you can find the appropriate cure. Weeding as a form of lawn care in Las Vegas is easier if you have the right tools and work in the shade. Go at it slowly. Be persistent.
- Hire a professional: Maybe you don’t feel up to the task of your own lawn care in Las Vegas. Hiring a professional lawn care service will take the stress out of it and ensure you get quality results for your yard. A professional team will know when to mow and how to manage weeds, as well as treat any problems that might arise. Investing in professional lawn care service can be exactly what you need to get a well-maintained lawn.
Now that you know what to look out for when caring for your lawn, you can be assured that you will enjoy your yard all year long. Hire 2 White Guys for professional lawn care in Las Vegas. We will provide you with expert landscaping, tree care and other lawn maintenance services. We also offer free quotes. Call today to learn more!