Often, home and business owners find themselves in a predicament: water their lawns and pay an inflated utility bill or save money by not watering and watch their lawn suffer the detriment of the hot Nevada sun. It may seem trivial, but it can have unfortunate consequences on both sides of the coin.
There is a way to get the best of both worlds, however! If you water your lawn smarter and make sure your system is performing at peak efficiency, you can get a lush green lawn without killing yourself on cost! Take a look at some of the critical things you can and should be doing when it comes to watering your lawn:
- First and foremost, make sure your system is in a position to function at a high level. This means taking the time and making the investment in routine maintenance and sprinkler repair in Las Vegas. Ensuring your system is in top working order means preventing inefficiencies that could end up costing you money via wasted water.
- If you have a sprinkler system, consider having it configured to employ zone watering. This essentially means having a sprinkler set up to cover a segment of the lawn without overlap, which ensures you’re not wasting water or overwatering certain areas. Zone control also enables you to water your lawn only where it needs it, instead of watering areas that are already thriving and wasting that water.
- Water later in the evening or earlier in the morning, before or after the sun has reached its peak position. Without the sun beating down on your lawn the grass will have ample time to absorb water, meaning less time spent watering and less overall water needed to get the job done.
- Pay attention to the weather and water your lawn smartly. For example, if you’re predicted rain in the forecast over the next couple of days, don’t water right before or during those days! Many home and business owners make the mistake of setting a watering schedule, but failing to pay attention to the weather, so that it results in watering before a rainfall.
- Keep your lawn maintained and your yard well tended to. In keeping up with your landscape, you’ll be working to streamline things to ensure better vitality from the foliage. Case in point, if your grass is well tended to (cut regularly, fertilized, aerated, etc.), it’ll be in better shape to maximize moisture and nutrients, meaning less work on your part to keep it healthy.
Being able to get the lush lawn you want at a price that you can afford every month isn’t just about making sacrifices to your sprinkling regimen. Instead, it’s about pursuing smarter watering policies, better lawn maintenance and sprinkler repair in Las Vegas!
To maximize your approach to watering your lawn, contact a professional at 2 White Guys today—we’ll be happy to come out and evaluate your sprinkler system and what can be done to maximize its efficiency.