The trees on your property are part of your home—they add natural beauty and shade, and compliment the landscape of your yard. But like any other living thing, trees age, become sick or diseased and are vulnerable to weather conditions, which all could lead to emergency tree service in Las Vegas, NV.
Health issues and weather damage are the biggest culprits that lead to the need for emergency tree services, but it’s not always obvious or easy to know when you should request those services. Here are some issues to watch for that will help you make the decision:
- Sudden leaning: Leaning is common and perfectly normal in trees. But if your tree is suddenly leaning more than usual, it’s time to call a tree doctor. If the leaning is obviously extreme, then it’s time to call for emergency tree services in Las Vegas, NV. Sudden, extreme leaning means that the tree’s roots might be failing and poses the danger of falling.
- Dead branches: A fallen branch could be a one-time incident due to severe weather. However, if you notice multiple, large dead branches falling from the tree, you need to have them removed as soon as possible. Also, be prepared for the likelihood that the entire tree may need removal.
- Exposed, rotting roots: Trees—especially the palm trees we so often see here in Las Vegas—need strong root systems to stay healthy and sturdy. If you notice exposed, rotting roots, request emergency tree services in Las Vegas, NV as soon as possible. The risk of falling is great in trees with failing root systems.
- Cracked or hollow trunks: A crack or cavity in a tree trunk does not necessarily mean the tree is dying, but it does mean the tree is less stable and could potentially fall. Missing bark is also a warning signal that the tree’s structure is not sound.
- Growth encroachment: If you notice one of your trees getting too cozy with your home, do not wait to call for a tree trimming—request emergency tree services in Las Vegas, NV. Many folks in Las Vegas have fast-growing palm trees on their property, which is great for creating shade quickly. However, it is easy to let this fast growth get out of control and pose a danger to your property and your home.
- Storm damage: Fortunately, severe weather is not a regular occurrence here in Las Vegas. However, when a storm hits, it often hits hard. If a storm results in a fallen tree blocking your property—or worse, damaging your home—do not attempt to fix the problem on your own. Call for emergency tree services in Las Vegas, NV to ensure safe removal.
- Other damage: Storms may cause immediate damage to a tree, but trees can also sustain damage over time. The tree may be able to live with damage for years, but once more than half of the tree is damaged, it’s time to call for emergency tree removal.
If your trees are posing an immediate threat, turn to 2 White Guys for fast, professional service. We have over two decades of experience and can help with any tree emergency you may be facing.