Not all tree care jobs can be handled by homeowners. In some cases, a job might be too big or too dangerous to be handled by anyone other than a professional. But before you hire a professional tree service in Las Vegas, you should be sure that you have chosen the right company for your needs.
Here are a few questions you should ask a company (or yourself) before deciding to hire them for your home’s tree care:
- What kind of experience and credentials do you have? If possible, you should try to hire a company that has certified arborists, or companies that have been accredited with the Tree Care Industry Association. If the service will be working close to electrical conductors, they should also be certified as Approved Line Clearance Arborists. But in general, you are going to want to work with a team that has plenty of experience in tree care in your area.
- How will you get the job done? You most likely do not want to have tree trimmers driving massive equipment all over your lawn, requiring you to hire another professional to restore the damage. If they must go onto your lawn, make sure they know the locations of any items that could potentially be damaged. If they do damage something, you should be aware of the policies they have regarding the repairs of that damage. Will they use spikes? Only allow tree trimmers to use spikes if you are planning on removing the entire tree, as spikes can cause major damage. Finally, ask the tree care specialists how they will clean up after the job, and what types of responsibilities you have for disposing of branches and other debris.
- How professional does the company appear? This is more of a question to ask yourself. First impressions are important in any type of business, but especially when working with contractors. Your tree care professionals should be friendly and willing to answer any questions you have. They should have vehicles and equipment that appear to be in good condition. After all, if they can’t take care of their own equipment, what reason do you have to believe they will take care of your property any better?
- What safety precautions do you take? Safety should be a top priority for any tree trimming job. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration requires all tree care professionals to wear personal protective equipment, such as hardhats and safety glasses. Any reasonable company will make sure all employees are protected while on the job.
- How much will the job cost? While the price of the job should not be the sole determining factor in choosing a company, it can certainly factor into your decision. Companies should be willing to provide you with a detailed estimate for the work they will do. It’s always a good idea to get written quotes from multiple sources.
For more information about choosing a tree service in Las Vegas, reach out to our team today at Two White Guys and we will be happy to answer any questions you have for us.