A great benefit of living in Las Vegas is enjoying the outdoors more than many other states. We get the bright desert sun most days of the year, which makes outdoor entertaining not just limited to summer. The pool may be what gets people excited to visit your backyard, but when they see your new stone-paved landscaping they will want to come back to relax.
Landscaping services in Las Vegas are not just for gardens or lawns—they also expand to the stone design on your yard. Adding any touch of stone will elevate the overall aesthetic of your home, as well as make easy walkways for all. Here are some ideas for including paving stones in your plans:
- Brick border: Set aside a section of your yard for grass and outline this area with any stone of your choosing. For example, if you’re looking for a more classic look, brick and mortar is a great choice, or if you already have stone on your home’s exterior, matching that stone for your grassy outline will create a consistent look.
- Stone block walkway: Bridge your home to the backyard with a walkway of stone. Installing a walkway will create a simple look that will stand out and make going to and from the house a bit more stylish. This installation allows you to be as creative as you’d like. You can have a few large stones or a constellation of smaller stones to achieve your desired look.
- Pool to patio: If you’re looking for a simple look to amp up your backyard, this can be achieved by matching the pool’s stone to the ground level. All you’ll need to do is pick out a tile with the same color hues as the pool—that way, you’ll get a clean look with every piece of stone.
- Focal point: No one ever said that the entire yard had to match, so create a focal point with different textured, colored, shaped or sized stones. If you have a fire pit, sitting area or a table, you can section these areas off with different stones than the set design of the rest of the yard.
- Pebble path: These petite stones are not just for ponds anymore, because they can be used to create a rustic path in the front or back yard. Pebbles help to create texture with a smooth surface for easy walking, and a varied design that won’t appear sloppy.
- Boulder accents: Now that you’ve created a beautiful walkway or focal point, you can add more style by adding a few small boulders along your path or around your yard. You can choose boulders that coordinate with the set stones in the ground, or you can play around with the colors in water features in your yard or even from your home’s exterior.
There are dozens of ways to add stone paving to your home, and the fun begins with deciding to start this new project. It’s good to remember that your local professional landscapers can get your project done with the best quality, so for outstanding landscaping services in Las Vegas, please get in touch with the team at 2 White Guys!